The Onion Flowers appeared The Bauhouse in Roppongi



My band "The Onion Flowers" that covering famous R&B songs appeared "Bauhouse Roppongi Live Bar" Jan.19th Sun. The special guest was Mr.Hiro Tsunoda who is famous Japanese musician drummer and singer. He appeared talk show and played session with performer in the day. The song of session was "Can't Take My Eyes Off  You". This song most famous version is huge hit in 1982 played by "Boys Town Gang" but the original version is by Frankie Valli in 1968 from Motown Label and got the Billboard chart second place. Afterwards so many artists have covered this song all over the world, for example big name artists that The Supreams, Sheena Easton, Barry Manilow etc, also there are many cover version by Japanese artists Ring Shiina, Tatsuro Yamashita, JUJU, Misia etc.

Well, The event on the day named "Let's Dance Vol.6" was 4 bands playing soul, disco or R&B cover songs appeared. The cover band of Chaka Khan, the cover band of 80's hit numbers, the cover band of disco songs, and we played 60's or 70's R&B songs.

Our set list is this.

Hold On I'm Coming (Sam & Dave)
Soul Man (Sam & Dave)
Heat Wave (Martha and the Vandellas)
You are the sunshine of my life (Stevie Wonder)
Respect (Aretha Franklin)
Until You Come back To Me (Aretha Franklin)
In the Midnight Hour (Wilson Pickett)


The day, there were many audiences in the club more than 100 people, our performance were very excited! We played really famous songs, it seemed many of audiences had knew songs. Not only our band performance, but also performance of other bands were excited.

After the performances of all bands, afterwards had started talk show of Mr.Hiro Tsunoda. He talked about music of the world or his view of music etc. His talking was very deep, interesting and educational that unique to the principal of music school.


Afterwards, finally the special session has be about to begin with Mr.Hiro Tsunoda. me and singer of my band participated in the session. I thought I must play without mistaking if I would play with famous professional musician at all. But when rehearsal, we couldn't play to reach to end of song. I felt a little nervous. But we have began to play the song, my nervousness went someshere and I could really enjoy the session very much. And fortunately I didn't mistake to play until end of the song.

After the show, some members of my band and members of other co-star band went to have a dinner and to drink together in the Izakaya restaurant in front of club we appeared. We had happy time with the first meeting music fellows and talking about the show of the day or favorite music.

It was so nice and happy day!


Comments

Popular Posts