What is a 'System Engineer'?

I am a 'System Engineer' in Japan,so-called it is IT engineer.But  It seems that there are many case that word of 'System Engineer' doesn't work in U.S or other country ,they seems use the word that be able to understand the role.For example,system analyst,software engineer,application engineer,programmer,application developer,etc.It seems that system engineer in English is  designer of broadly meaning system regardless hardware or software and 'system' doesn't limit of computer system.When I know Its meaning I'm a little embarrassing to call myself   'System Engineer'.Because  I don't have such a wide and great skills.And many case 'systems engineer' in English seems to means a technician who goes to the customer site to install, set up, maintain, and repair hardware.It is called 'customer engineer' or 'service engineer' in Japan.

Comments

Popular Posts